Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default RGB colour changing led tape systems....

On 21/10/2019 14:04, Jimk wrote:

Anyone had a decent experience with the LED colour changing tape
systems?

Considering using some with uplighting cornice/coving.

Yup, I used some plain RGB tapes from LEDHut for the top of the two main
bits of furniture in my lounge - they point up at the ceiling which is a
approx 12" - 18" away.

Some sellers claim that RGB +White is preferable ?

If you want a "nice" white, then you will get a better CRI from ones
with white LEDs since they use a phosphor coating to get broader
spectrum white from a blue LED, rather than mixing the rather narrow
band RGB sources to get a somewhat "cold" white light.

Ideally some smart interface would also be good - Alexa
integration or an app & wifi maybe?

They often come with an IR based RGB controller and a separate keypad -
however you can also get wifi controllers.

Grateful for any experiences , product &/or sellers good & bad

I use mine for low level background light when watching movies etc -
just set to give a warm yellow/orange glow where it wont reflect in the
TV or be in your line of sight. (so I typically just use the one behind
the main seating position).

--
Cheers,

John.