Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Power sockets with 3 cables

On 21/10/2019 00:32, John Miller wrote:
On 20/10/2019 23:22, dennis@home wrote:
On 20/10/2019 16:58, ARW wrote:
On 18/10/2019 17:44, Mike Clarke wrote:
On 18/10/2019 10:05, Robin wrote:
I only have the 2003 edition:

"11.5 Line and neutral terminals in fixed socket-outlets shall
permit the connection, without special preparation, of one, two or
three 2.5 mm2 solid or stranded or of one or two 4 mm2 stranded
conductors.

I'm assuming that folding the end over counts as "special
preparation" which would imply that there should never be any need
to fold the ends.

Correct.

You can tell an amateur has done it when the wires are folded for no
good reason.

Thanks for all the replies to my original post - interesting to say the
least. I've always folded over the ends when installing a single cable
into a socket to ensure a better purchase - something I was advised to
do by an electrician of many years experience. One lives & learns.

Folding the end over for a single cable is for a good reason.

--
Adam