Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
Commander Kinsey Commander Kinsey is offline

Default Heat pump SEER rating

On Tue, 22 Oct 2019 00:12:33 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
newsp.z903zpzpwdg98l@glass...
On Mon, 21 Oct 2019 21:59:03 +0100, Robert wrote:

On 21/10/2019 20:54, Rod Speed wrote:
Commander Kinsey wrote
Why can't I find a heat pump with a good SEER rating? The USA has a
law stating 13 minimum. Yet here in the UK, I looked at Panasonic and
they're all 7 to 11!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Season...ficiency_ratio
Which suggests that the seasonal weighting parameters used in the US ,
Europe and possibly UK are all different which will give very different
figures.

Surely all SEER are the same,

Nope, the S is for SEASONAL and that varys a lot
between those areas. That soggy little frigid island
of yours is nothing like what is seen in Texas etc.

Its not unusual to get 10 days in a row over 40C here.

all EER are the same, and all COP are the same?

Those arent SEASONAL, stupid.

It does not make sense to have SEER be different depending where you live. How then can a product have a rating? They don't know whether you're going to install it in Texas or wherever. They'd have to say "SEER (Texas) 17, SEER (Washington) 15" etc.