Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Heat pump SEER rating

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
newsp.z900kobiwdg98l@glass...
On Mon, 21 Oct 2019 20:54:58 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

Commander Kinsey wrote

Why can't I find a heat pump with a good SEER rating?
The USA has a law stating 13 minimum. Yet here in the
UK, I looked at Panasonic and they're all 7 to 11!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Season...ficiency_ratio

That doesn't explain why Panasonic (which are good aren't they?) are
manufacturing a product which is not much better than half as good as the
minimum required by US law. Is it old **** they're selling to other
countries because the Americans aren't allowed to buy them?

The higher SEER rating costs more and you lot don't need the
higher air conditioning capability in your summers where you
lot start whining about a heat wave when its only 25C

Are you taking about heating or cooling ?