Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
Commander Kinsey Commander Kinsey is offline

Default Heat pump SEER rating

On Mon, 21 Oct 2019 20:54:58 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

Commander Kinsey wrote

Why can't I find a heat pump with a good SEER rating?
The USA has a law stating 13 minimum. Yet here in the
UK, I looked at Panasonic and they're all 7 to 11!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Season...ficiency_ratio

That doesn't explain why Panasonic (which are good aren't they?) are manufacturing a product which is not much better than half as good as the minimum required by US law. Is it old **** they're selling to other countries because the Americans aren't allowed to buy them?