Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 3M dust masks 6000 series - used one?

On Sun, 20 Oct 2019 23:31:39 +0100, Paul Bird wrote:

My question is has anybody used a 3M mask for dust filtering without
having to add the vapour filter first, in order to avoid spending money
unecessarily?

Possibly. I've had a 3M 6000 series half mask (looks awfully like
Screwfix 4786G or 8952G) for the best part of twenty years. Used with
2128 filters (P2 & organic vapour) that just baoynet fit each side.
Screwfix don't appear to have 2128 filters but plenty of other places
do.

Make sure you get the right sized mask for your face. I think the one
I have is just a bit too big, it has to be in just the right place to
seal properly. Any significant facial hair on your cheeks will
prevent a seal as well.

It's damn good at both dust and organic vapours. Stripped a door
using nitromors, inside an open garage. Couldn't detect anything
inside the mask, took mask off and got instantly grabbed by the
throat...

--
Cheers
Dave.