Posted to uk.d-i-y
Paul Bird Paul Bird is offline

Default 3M dust masks 6000 series - used one?

Hello, I'd like to know if anybody has recent experience of the 3M 6000
series masks which seem to require several parts to make them usable.

I'm after a good dust prevention mask to work in a filthy loft and have
looked through the Screwfix website. Having bought and discarded a
disposable JSP which didn't fit very well I'm moving on. However the 3M
mask seems to need a set of vapour filters first onto which can be
fitted a particulate filter which is the one I need.

My question is has anybody used a 3M mask for dust filtering without
having to add the vapour filter first, in order to avoid spending money
unecessarily?

Thanks for any useful replies.

PB
Cromer