Posted to uk.d-i-y
UncleTone UncleTone is offline

Default Got the piano moved

On 10/20/2019 6:56 AM, ARW wrote:
Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions about moving the piano in an earlier post.

We rented a Luton with a tail lift (£106 for the day). It was a piece of **** after following your suggestions.

Even used a dolly and some ratchet straps.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/File:Piano1.jpg

Although I did think I was going to die at 7am on Friday morning when Geoff started up the van, revved the engine to 5000RPM, crunched the gears and said "I've not driven a manual for years" before letting off the clutch and wheel spinning straight out of the forecourt and into the main road.

If you had two pence to rub together, you would have hired people to do that kind of job.