Punch

Default water in furnace?

"*CBHVAC*" wrote in
message ...

"Punch" wrote in message
.. .

"*CBHVAC*" wrote in
message ...

"Punch" wrote in message
news ok my furnace has been flooding with water lately, and the drain

hose,
doesn't work so good either, I had to just cut the hose so it could

drain
onto the floor.

where is this water coming from?

I'm worried my neighbours kids have been using the hose from my

sump-pump
fill the furnace's vent with water???

but before I go yelling at them, where else could this water be

coming
from?

--
Please Visit: www.ptcrew.com

If its a condensing furnace..its from burning gas.......really.
You dont want that on your floor either....

How can I tell what a condensing furnace is, anyway its a forced air
furnace, gas, has a small hose to drain water, and a black PVC pipe to

the
side wall for a vent. you could actually hear the furnace fan sloshing

water
around.

thanks

If its vented with PVC, its either the most unsafe unit installed....or

its
a condensing unit. Condensing units will be AFUE rated at 92% and higher.
They might be one, or two pipe configuration...depending on the age, and
model. If you have a couple of rubber hoses from the inducer fan housing,
its a condensing unit....altho, since you didnt post a model number and
serial, no way to tell.

I will check it later today, it is a new unit 1yr old.