DanG

Default Deflecting Drywall Ceiling

You might consider an indirect lighting cove or some other trim
box to disguise the condition. You need to create a lot of shadow
and contrast to truly disguise.

The other alternatives would require redoing the ceiling IMHO.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing. . . .
DanG

"Michael Roback" wrote in message
link.net...
I just did a remodel and have a tile guy doing a fireplace.

When he did it,
I noticed where it met the ceiling that the ceiling is

deflecting. In fact
a/2 of the room separated by a beam is deflecting and the stone

now
accentuates this flaw. Is it normal for an older house for a

newly
installed drywall ceiling to accentuate imperfections in the

ceiling
framing. It was plastered before and I guess floated to

compensate for
this. Is looks bad and I don't want to rip the ceiling down now

that it is
painted and stone is applied. Any advice?