Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Battery Derangement

On Sunday, October 20, 2019 at 1:31:42 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sun, 20 Oct 2019 08:11:19 -0500, Dean Hoffman
wrote:

On 10/16/19 10:15 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Stolen from another newsgroup

For those who think that EV's will "save" the "environment":

https://www.city-journal.org/electric-vehicle-batteries

Battery Derangement

Electric vehicles wont save the planet and wont survive without
subsidies.

Mark P. Mills
October 10, 2019

Cut article.

Supposedly, there is an alternative that will get a vehicle 1500 miles.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7592485/Father-eight-invents-electric-car-battery-drivers-1-500-miles-without-charging-it.html

Yeah I remember the "Fish" carburetor was going to get 100 MPG and it
was always "about a year" from production. That was 50 years ago and
we are still waiting.

There's a local guy here who claimed he had a revolutionary rotary valve
engine design. From what I gather, the essential difference was that
the valves were controlled via rotating openings, instead of normal
valves that go up and down. The claim was that it got much better
emissions, MPG, etc. He was taking investments from people, typically
some local small business guy, etc. At one point, the SEC came after
him, but somehow he resolved that. This went on for many, many years.
Last I heard, maybe ten years ago, he has some new deal where he
was going to build cars using the engine in some former USSR country.
He's ride around here in his Rolls Royce. Every time I heard about
this I thought the obvious. If this thing does what you claim,
then you'd think it would be very easy to prove it to various auto
makers, license it, cut a deal that would make everyone very rich.
You don't have to go into the auto business in Eastern Europe.