Default Sewer gas when washing clothes

We finished our basement and had extensive plumbing done in the
process, not only inside, but also outside. After our most recent
work (we had a pipe installed to evacuate our washing machine water
that was between the sheet rock and the wall -- it froze this winter.
The plumber re-installed the line on the warm side of the sheet
rock.), we notice that when we do a load of laundry, we got the odor
of sewer gas or methane eminating from our laundry tub. Any ideas
what could be causing this? -- it's very frustrating. Thanks.