Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Wire insulation problem

On 19/10/2019 20:09, wrote:
Hello all,

I have a "little Acorn" trail cam, it is a waterproof digital camera which automatically takes photos when it detects movement. A flap on the base opens to give access to the controls and a small screen. A electrical ribbon cable connects the electrics in the body of the camera to the electrics in the flap.

Unfortunately the insulation of the ribbon cable has completely perished and come away. Access to the ends of the copper wire is not possible as the units are sealed. Without insulation I am worried that the copper wires may either short out or become damaged when the lid moves.

Can anyone suggest a way of protecting the wires with a flexible, insulative coating that can be applied to fine copper wires that are close together?

varnish