Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Battery Derangement

On 10/19/2019 04:17 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Friday, October 18, 2019 at 8:52:49 PM UTC-4, rbowman wrote:
On 10/18/2019 10:31 AM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 10/17/19 12:19 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:

[snip]

$100 buys less than two tanks of gas nowadays[*]. Without knowing
how many
miles that 'old guy' drives a month, you have no way of knowing whether
he's paying more or less. Note that maintenance costs for an electric
vehicle, over the life of the vehicle, are signficantly less.

[*] Geographically dependent, of course.

I remember a $79 fill-up once, when the price of gas was at its highest
here ($4/gal in east Texas). Its about $2.20/gal now.

During one of the price spikes I watched a guy fill up his pickup that
had an auxiliary tank. He was still at it after I went in to drain the
lizard and get a cup of coffee. I felt his pain.

"It's to the women and men who in their hands hold a Bible and a gun
And they ain't afraid of nothing, when when they're holding either one
Now there's kids who can't pray in school

There's nothing to prevent kids from praying in school. They can
do it silently, as Christ recommended.

I always did it very, very silently... I never quite got that 'under
god' phrase they slipped in the Pledge of Allegiance in '54, either.

Here's a little more Lynyrd Skynyrd for you:

"I'm here in my back of the woods
Where God is great and guns are good
You really can't know that much about 'm
If you think we're better off without 'm
Well there was a time we ain't forgot
You caressed all night with the doors unlocked
But there ain't nobody save no more
So you say your prayers and you thank the lord
For that peace maker
In the Dresser Drawer"

https://genius.com/Lynyrd-skynyrd-god-and-guns-lyrics

The band is more woke now than

"Hand guns are made for killing
They ain't no good for nothing else
And if you like to drink your whiskey
You might even shoot yourself

[Pre-Chorus]
So why don't we dump 'em, people, to the bottom of the sea?
Before some old fool come around here
Wanna shoot either you, or me

[Chorus]
Mister Saturday Night Special
You got a barrel that's blue and cold
You ain't good for nothing but puttin' men six feet in a hole"

https://genius.com/Lynyrd-skynyrd-sa...special-lyrics