Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default hotpoint 6115 oven door hinges

therustyone wrote in
:

On Friday, October 18, 2019 at 8:31:02 PM UTC+1, Tim+ wrote:
therustyone wrote:
On Thursday, October 17, 2019 at 6:15:36 PM UTC+1, Tim+ wrote:
therustyone wrote:
On Thursday, October 17, 2019 at 2:04:43 PM UTC+1, Tim+ wrote:
Most downward opening doors seem to use the same system whereby
you release a couple of "safety-catches" by flipping a small
pivoting pi

ece
of metal backwards, part open the door and then lift the bottom
edge

of
the door. With a bit of a shoogle and a pull it should come out.

Are these your hinges?
https://parts.hotpoint.co.uk/product/model_

6115M/Hinges/J00044027
?n

=SN5000

Tim

thanks Tim, those are the right hinges, but so expensive. I can
get

whole new fan oven with timer for less than double that. One
hinge h

as
broken and the bottom bit sheared off. I flipped the safety clip
off

as
suggested by others it but the door still won't come loose.

Manufacturers tend to use the same parts. That was just the first
hit.

If
you check out other spares places (even ebay) Im sure you

ll find
identical ones at a suitable price.

Eg.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%

2Fwww.ebay.co.u

%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F112208762396

Price of such items reflect the "carrying cost" - Stocking stuff that
may not sell.