Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John-Del[_2_] John-Del[_2_] is offline

Default Is there ac IC that stores audio?

On Saturday, October 19, 2019 at 5:56:34 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Please I am working on a project that should play back a pre-recorded audio voice, but need help as to how store and play back this audio when ever a beam (light-IR)is interrupted.
Thanks in advance.

Did you ever buy one of those musical birthday cards? They're like $5 and they contain a small PC, battery, IC, and speaker. They play 30 seconds or more of audio with decent fidelity.

The ones I've seen don't use an IC with a case, but the die is actually bonded to the PC and covered with epoxy to save cost.

So yes, there are such ICs. Even better, you can buy the IC, the circuit, and the battery already assembled:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ISD1820-Voi...sAAOSwWm1ctOso

Just add your IR circuit, maybe a small audio amp board and you're all set.