Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Cost of roof

On 10/18/2019 3:41 PM, wrote:

My question is: How much does it cost to put on a new roof on a house? My house is about 1250 square feet, hip roof, ranch one story, asphalt shingles. Somewhat basic, simple roof. In your answers please say whether the price is for a re-roof of an existing house where they just put on new shingles and tar paper. Or whether its the portion associated to the roof of a new house build. Assume this is shingles, paper, sheathing, and maybe trusses/rafters too. What part of the country the quote is from might be very relevant too. I'm in the Midwest.

I'd say between 5k and 10k. Cheap shingles or high grade 40 year?
Venting? gutters? In the case of a fire they probably would do tear
off. Wind damage they my depreciate but I realy don't know for sure.

I think what you really need is a better insurance agent. In 54 years
of home ownership I never had to go through all of that.