Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default hotpoint 6115 oven door hinges

therustyone wrote:
On Thursday, October 17, 2019 at 6:15:36 PM UTC+1, Tim+ wrote:
therustyone wrote:
On Thursday, October 17, 2019 at 2:04:43 PM UTC+1, Tim+ wrote:
Most downward opening doors seem to use the same system whereby you
release a couple of "safety-catches" by flipping a small pivoting piece
of metal backwards, part open the door and then lift the bottom edge of
the door. With a bit of a shoogle and a pull it should come out.

Are these your hinges?
https://parts.hotpoint.co.uk/product...44027?n=SN5000

Tim

thanks Tim, those are the right hinges, but so expensive. I can get a
whole new fan oven with timer for less than double that. One hinge has
broken and the bottom bit sheared off. I flipped the safety clip off as
suggested by others it but the door still won't come loose.

Manufacturers tend to use the same parts. That was just the first hit. If
you check out other spares places (even ebay) Im sure youll find
identical ones at a suitable price.

Eg.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m... 112208762396

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

Hi Tim

I found a hinge pair on Amazon at £50 so while they're not exactly the
same, having a single pivot at the base instead of two like mine, they should work OK.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hotpoint-DO...iances&sr=1-19

All the other offerings (inc. Hotpoint's) look even less like mine. I
finally figured out that the loop on the bottom hinge is meant to hook
onto the tongue on the top arm to remove the door (probably). Never
taken the door off before.

Not sure what you seem so determined to go for the most expensive hinges
imaginable. I doubt very much that Hotpoint designed their own hinges and
there are many cheaper alternatives. Still, its your choice.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls