Posted to alt.home.repair
Scott Lurndal Scott Lurndal is offline

Default Battery Derangement

writes:
On Fri, 18 Oct 2019 09:19:51 -0700 (PDT), trader_4

Apparently a Tesla 3 has a 50kwh battery and a range of 220 miles.
That would work out to about $7 at .13 kwh electric rate. So for $100
you should be able to go about 3500 miles so that fellow must be doing
a lot of driving. Gas, at 25 MPG, $100, 40 gallons of gas, you would
only go 1000 miles. Which is consistent with stickers I've seen on
electric cars, ie the MPG equivalent is about 3X or so.

I agree the $100 is a stretch but if you have tiered billing that
extra 800kw might get billed at a much higher rate if they don't give
you a subsidy for your car.

I also question the 220 miles ...

I also bet that claimed 220 miles isn't on the interstate ...

In other words, you have no clue and are basically guessing. A short
visit to google.com or tesla.com may answer some of your questions.