Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Thunderbird, blocking cross posts

On 16/10/2019 15:29, Andy Burns wrote:
John Rumm wrote:

Just in case anyone else is tired of wading through the irrelevant
cross posted stuff, here is a method for blocking cross posts in
Thunderbird:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...ng_cross_posts

Just a word of warning, I wondered why I had kill-filed myself, it turns
out by following John's example too closely and blocking posts to
"uk.legal" you will also block "uk.legal.moderated"Â* ... explains why I
though it'd gone a bit quiet over there.

Yup, blocking "Newsgroups" "contains" will get any group where the name
given is a subset of the actual name.

There are a number of ways of getting round this, but one would be:

You can add another filter for "Newsgroups" "contains"
"uk.legal.moderated", and set the action to "Stop Filter Execution". Now
place that one higher up in the list of filters than the cross post one.
That will stop the cross post filter seeing the message.

--
Cheers,

John.