Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Michael A Terrell[_4_] Michael A Terrell[_4_] is offline

Default Machine Shop niche areas

On 10/17/2019 9:41 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 30 Sep 2019 05:19:00 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

I met a guy at the local scrap yard. He was dumping a couple of 55 gal drums of swarf. He invited me to see has shop and I have since visited his shop a number of times. He has had the shop for about 6 months and does not have any specialty. The major machines that he has are a manual lathe, a turning center , and a Bridgeport. And is located in Wilmington , De.

So does anyone have an idea of work he should be trying to cultivate?

Dan

what local industry is there locally that doesnt have inhouse
maint/machining?

Im maint manager in a screw machine shop when Im not doing the
Omniturn service thing and I have to keep 15 elderly Acme Gridley
screw machines running, along with surface grinders and 19 Omniturns.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/9y4zCipds9Y5WjWn8

https://photos.app.goo.gl/pfMWmcWdiWwYZ49L6

https://photos.app.goo.gl/M8hcBMNwxeXzKLM18

https://photos.app.goo.gl/XdasWixuR4dTGrnZ7