Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Thunderbird, blocking cross posts

Roger Hayter wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

I deliberately only suggested trailing comma rather than leading comma
as well because that would block uk.legal.moderated again

I don't see why, ulm doesn't accept any cross-posted messages.

I realise that u.l.m doesn't accept cross-posted messages, but that
doesn't stop a thunderbird filter from working, the whole reason for me
mentioning it was that by attempting to filtering out posts cross-posted
to u.l, I ended up filtering out all posts (not cross-posts) to u.l.m

if I filter out "uk.legal" it also filters out uk.legal.moderated

If I filter out "uk.legal," it won't match uk.legal.moderated, but will
fail to filter out posts where uk.legal is at the end of the group list

If I filter out ",uk.legal" it will filter out both uk.legal and
uk.legal.moderated which are not at the start of the groups list.

Besides, the best approach is to use the "stop filter execution" method
on wanted groups.