Andrew Welham

Default Building an Extension (Garage and Block Selection)

Owain wrote:
"Andrew Welham" wrote
| It seems to me - from the dimensions you have stated, that the
| internal width of your garage - particularly where narrowed by
| the piers - may be insufficient to get a car in or - at any
| rate - to open a car door once it is in. This all needs
| calculating very carefully.
| I have no plans to put a car in the garage. You’re quite right it’s
| too narrow. I intend to use it for more of a store room basically
| used for every thing a garage is used for except storing a car.

Check whether that is acceptable to the planners; even if you have a full
car's length drive in front of the garage they may require 1.5 x or 2 x
off-street parking spaces per household.

This should not be a problem as I can currently fit 2 cars in my front
driveway, and another 1 or 2 where the garage will be. Plus I’m going to
remodel the front garden to make it easier to get the cars in and out. I
need to do this any way, but it has to be done before I start to build
(once I get planning permission).

| While I’m on the subject of building regs, why are some of the PDF
| documents scans of paper docs, makes it a complete pain, can't do a
| search with acrobat.

because John Prescott can't touch-type.

: )

Owain

--
To reply via email, first reverse the address below then replace the
(at) with @ and the (dot) with .