Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lubricating oven rails

On 16/10/2019 09:53, newshound wrote:
On 16/10/2019 09:02, ZakJames wrote:

Thats a different problem splashes getting in your eyes when
dissolving it in water. Thats exothermic and a bit dangerous.

No, it's *very* dangerous. I would not suggest using NaOH pellets to
anyone who had not been shown how dissolve it properly in a lab.

It is not that dangerous. Except to eyes and clothing. Any on your skin
burns like hell and you will definitely be washing it off before you go
any further.

I'd rather handle caustic than petrol..

windows of my apartment. (I live on the twenty-first floor.) "

Alan Sokal