Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Tube Testers?

A Pathetic Old ****head called wrote:

Phil Allison wrote:

** The OP is not going into the servicing business.

He has exactly one, old tube radio with no clue how to work on it.

A tube tester is the LAST thing he needs to spend money on.

It must be very difficult for you to be such a paragon of perfection and to be endowed with such god-like powers.

** Translation - Phil can read an interpret English.

( snip great big pile of smelly horse manure)

So, if the OP is inquiring after tube testers,

** Fraid that is not what the OP posted at all.

ours is to advise on the choices and implications.

** The OP asked a quite different question - you PITA, OCD ****ed, lying idiot.

Go service something, you are useless here on this thread.

** Unlike the autistic Weaky old farf - I am far more use here that he has ever been.

I warned the OP this would happen if he even mentioned the magic words.

** The OP's question:

" How valuable is a tube tester for someone who is only,
or mainly, going to be messing with audio gear
and the gear for testing audio gear."

Phil's insightful reply:

** IME - no use at all.

In 50+ years of working with valve gear, I have never used one and know no-ne here in Sydney who does.

What you NEED is a supply of known good valves to use as substitutes.

The item itself is your "tube tester" and a far better one that anything you can buy - cos it operates the valves under *actual service conditions*.

Others here will say differently, cos they own one of more of the stupid things and *love* them irrationally, like pets.

..... Phil