Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Tube Testers?

wrote:

-----------------------------
wrote:

Anyway, time to get to the point. How valuable is a tube tester for
someone who is only, or mainly, going to be messing with audio gear
and the gear for testing audio gear. Maybe what I really need is a
gear tester? Ahem. So, this would just be for hobby use, at least for
now, and I am not gonna spend a lot of money on it. Can a simple
tube tester be of much use? I say simple because I imagine a not so
simple tester will have a not so low price.

Having worked on tube gear for well over 50 years, YES, you need a tube
tester, unless you want to stock replacement tubes for everything you
work on (not very practical).

** The OP is not going into the servicing business.

He has exactly one, old tube radio with no clue how to work on it.

A tube tester is the LAST thing he needs to spend money on.

...... Phil