Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim K... Jim K... is offline

Default Wanted - PIR recommendations, 360 degree outdoors

Chris Green Wrote in message:
Jim K... wrote:
Chris Green Wrote in message:
I want to fit a PIR to a corner of the house so that it will detect
people approaching along either of the adjacent walls. Strictly
that's 270 degrees but I've never seen a 270 degree PIR. :-)

I can't see anything that obviously fills the bill from Screwfix or
Toolstation.

Can anyone recommend something that will do the job and won't cost an
arm and a leg?

I've tried a few economical ones over the years but they all seem
to lose sensitivity pretty quickly compared to the Steinel that
they replaced...

Currently got a microwave sensor on another outdoor light, that is
doing very well.

Yes, I was wondering if a microwave one might be more reliable. What
make is the one you've got?

I'll look but it's not 270 or 360 so probly not applicable?
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/