Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Ladder: use at near vertical

In article ,
scribeth thus
Thanks for all the replies.

Responding to a number of suggestions relating to using the adjacent building to
brace the ladder- unfortunately,that is not an option in this case. There is a
space of about 8 feet between the buildings, but with a fence dividing that
space. The reality is that the maximum distance from my house that I can rest
the ladder base is about 3 feet.

I watched the Dibnah vid on laddering a chimney some time back. Amazing chap.
Can't recall whether it's that vid, or a different one, where he climbs an old
tower with a big ledge at the top and with his ladders strapped around the
downward-facing underside of the ledge. It looked terrifying.

You mean this one at 4:10 onwards!..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3R3-YwDZrzg

He never did say who or how the ladder was rigged in the first place!..
--
Tony Sayer