Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.windows7.general,sci.electronics.repair
John Dulak John Dulak is offline

Default Mouse Refurbish

On 10/13/2019 6:25 PM, J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote:
In message , Paul in Houston TX
writes:
Ken Blake wrote:

[]
Each to his own. Mice are very cheap these days. I wouldn't dream of
spending 20 minutes, the cost of new microswitches, soldering iron,
and solder to save $20 or so for a new mouse.

That's assuming the model the OP likes is still available; I think he thought it
wasn't, but someone here found them.

I like fixing things. It's sort of a hobby.
Ordering a new one for $12 is not nearly as much fun.

I share that hobby: I'll certainly spend more time than a thing is worth trying
to fix it, if I think the fault is something simple: the throwaway philosophy
bugs me. I'll admit, I give up a lot sooner now than I used to, though.

You guys seem to be the type that would appreciate this:

https://i.postimg.cc/KjvyybrZ/Doonesbury-01.jpg

John