Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.windows7.general,sci.electronics.repair
Rene Lamontagne Rene Lamontagne is offline

Default Mouse Refurbish

On 2019-10-13 3:54 p.m., Arlen _G_ Holder wrote:
On Sun, 13 Oct 2019 20:51:24 -0000 (UTC), Arlen _G_ Holder wrote:

Do you think even for a second that the OP doesn't know that?
o If the OP was _that_ shallow - he wouldn't have asked the question.

Sorry for the hiccup. The machine crashed and the scripts must have
still
run. I don't use a newsreader... it's just vi with telnet scripts.

Mea culpa.

BTW, if the OP needs pictures, I have plenty of my IBM mouse
refurbish.
https://i.postimg.cc/5tr2SxsL/mouse02.jpg

The micro switches are quite large compared to now, Is that a Pot
sticking up where the wheel should be?
Â*or is it an actuator for the center button?

Rene

The IBM mouse above, the microswitches look "normal" sized to me.

The thing in the center, I had to use the mouse cover to
guess at the function. It looks like a rubber nubbin, and
that would make the thing on the PCB, some sort of 2D strain
gauge.

But there's also what looks like a LED next to it,
and the LED is not pointed in any specific direction.
It could be for illuminating the rubber nubbin, as I don't
see any other function it could carry out, considering the
angle it is pointed.

This isn't the same item, but it's along the same lines. "Trackpoint mouse"

https://www.microsoft.com/buxtoncoll...il.aspx?id=121

https://www.microsoft.com/buxtoncoll...il.aspx?id=120

Â*Â* Paul

OK, that makes sense. Thanks.