Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Cursitor Doom[_4_] Cursitor Doom[_4_] is offline

Default Tube Testers?

On Sun, 13 Oct 2019 13:39:57 -0700, tabbypurr wrote:

A lot of people have that approach. Whether replacing sound historic
caps with new ones that likely won't last is a good plan is debated.

Absolutely. I've just tested some big old electros that are well over 40
years old and they're all *totally* fine by any measure. Good, high
quality manufacturers of the day and built to last. I would not want to
take a chance on replacing them with new stuff that could be fake from
the far East. In fact I don't even trust new electros from formerly
respected manufacturers if they've turned production over to places like
China.