Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.windows7.general,sci.electronics.repair
Paul[_46_] Paul[_46_] is offline

Default Mouse Refurbish

Rene Lamontagne wrote:
On 2019-10-13 4:20 p.m., Paul wrote:
Rene Lamontagne wrote:
On 2019-10-13 3:54 p.m., Arlen _G_ Holder wrote:
On Sun, 13 Oct 2019 20:51:24 -0000 (UTC), Arlen _G_ Holder wrote:

Do you think even for a second that the OP doesn't know that?
o If the OP was _that_ shallow - he wouldn't have asked the question.

Sorry for the hiccup. The machine crashed and the scripts must have
still
run. I don't use a newsreader... it's just vi with telnet scripts.

Mea culpa.

BTW, if the OP needs pictures, I have plenty of my IBM mouse refurbish.
https://i.postimg.cc/5tr2SxsL/mouse02.jpg

The micro switches are quite large compared to now, Is that a Pot
sticking up where the wheel should be?
or is it an actuator for the center button?

Rene

The IBM mouse above, the microswitches look "normal" sized to me.

The thing in the center, I had to use the mouse cover to
guess at the function. It looks like a rubber nubbin, and
that would make the thing on the PCB, some sort of 2D strain
gauge.

But there's also what looks like a LED next to it,
and the LED is not pointed in any specific direction.
It could be for illuminating the rubber nubbin, as I don't
see any other function it could carry out, considering the
angle it is pointed.

This isn't the same item, but it's along the same lines. "Trackpoint mouse"

https://www.microsoft.com/buxtoncoll...il.aspx?id=121

https://www.microsoft.com/buxtoncoll...il.aspx?id=120

Paul