Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Tube Testers?

On Sunday, 13 October 2019 22:36:21 UTC+1, Fox's Mercantile wrote:
On 10/13/19 3:39 PM, tabbypurr wrote:
On Sunday, 13 October 2019 19:23:59 UTC+1, Ralph Mowery wrote:

As far as forming capacitors, if the capacitor is over 20 years
old and there is any doubt, just replace it.

A lot of people have that approach. Whether replacing sound
historic caps with new ones that likely won't last is a good plan is debated.

NT

And still, you persist in this stupidity.
Quality electrolytics these days are quite reliable and long
lived. Unless you're buying cheap counterfeits from China.

I've been repairing (which includes blanket recaps) for the
past 25 years now, I have yet to have a customer bring back a
radio because a cap failed.

That's one side of the recap all or not debate, and of course new caps don't fail in short order. The OP is free to find out why some of us don't do that. I tire of your stupidity.

NT