Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.windows7.general,sci.electronics.repair
Paul[_46_] Paul[_46_] is offline

Default Mouse Refurbish

Rene Lamontagne wrote:
On 2019-10-13 3:54 p.m., Arlen _G_ Holder wrote:
On Sun, 13 Oct 2019 20:51:24 -0000 (UTC), Arlen _G_ Holder wrote:

Do you think even for a second that the OP doesn't know that?
o If the OP was _that_ shallow - he wouldn't have asked the question.

Sorry for the hiccup. The machine crashed and the scripts must have still
run. I don't use a newsreader... it's just vi with telnet scripts.

Mea culpa.

BTW, if the OP needs pictures, I have plenty of my IBM mouse refurbish.
https://i.postimg.cc/5tr2SxsL/mouse02.jpg

Is that one of the mice that came over on the Ark? Male or Female? :-)

Rene

That's a one-screw mouse, so it can't be that old.

*******

This article, has a picture of the Hawley mouse.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_mouse

And that was my first mouse. Apparently made around 1975.
Steel balls on the outside. A little small for your hand
(because it doesn't have a scroll wheel or give a rats
ass about ergonomy). And your next problem would be,
if you found an old one, the interface is neither USB
nor PS/2, and instead, gives "pulses" for +/-X and +/-Y.
So you need to whip together some counter circuits to
make something a bit better for your OS to use.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:HawleyMarkIImice.jpg

But still, a nice mouse, and not surpassed until the
second generation of optical mice meant never ever
again having to worry about what the mouse was resting
on. Or how dirty the place was...

Paul