Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Combined back boxes

On Saturday, 12 October 2019 09:56:56 UTC+1, Tricky Dicky wrote:
Owing to limited wall space in certain areas of my kitchen rewire I need to get various sockets and switches in line with each other and as close as possible. I have come across a number of back boxes that will take a number of accessories eg.

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/AP335.html

Just to complicate matters domestic management wants chrome accessories but I note that these type of boxes are only to be used with white plastic versions. Is there some reason for this and is it a safety issue? Do the dimensions of metal faceplates not conform to a standard like the white plastic versions?

How about these?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Switched-Fu.../dp/B01CUMH54E