Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.windows7.general,sci.electronics.repair
Paul in Houston TX[_2_] Paul in Houston TX[_2_] is offline

Default Mouse Refurbish

MouseUser wrote:
My favorite mouse is acting up.
Buttons double-click on a single-click and sometimes do not click at all.

I tried repeatedly tapping to try to clean but does not last.

Unfortunately this mouse is no longer available anywhere (at least at a
reasonable price).

Love it because of its size and it is USB (no batteries !).

Is it possible to do my own refurbishment ?
Suggestions ?
Links please !

Microsoft Notebook Optical Mouse 3000

Thanks !

It's easy to refurbish mice.
I refurb all my mice when they go bad because I like the ones I have.
Take it completely apart, clean the optics, remove the micro switches,
and solder in new ones. The tails break conductors near where they go
into the mouse so cut off the tail about 1" near the entry point on the
mouse and re-solder to the internal plug. Use heat shrink on the solder
joints. If the plastic tabs that push the micro switches are worn down
then use your soldering iron to add more of the same type of plastic.
It will be an ABS mix. Should take no more than 20 minutes.