Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Fox's Mercantile Fox's Mercantile is offline

Default How do you test an ANALOG RF meter?

On 10/11/19 5:40 PM, wrote:
Cobra 29 cb. The meter never moves on receive, transmit, or ever. An
external SWR meter confirms its transmitting and I can hear my test
signal on receive. Sort of tells me the meter is blown. I have never
tested a meter. What kind of resistance should it have across the
terminals? Can I apply a 1.5v AA battery to it to see if it moves?

A battery itself is a good way to make sure the meter is blown.

I also want to know if I can see the receive and transmit on a
multimeter? If so, do I use the AC or DC setting?

Use a DVM set on the DC 1 mA range across the meter.
If you read nothing, then something else is dead/broken inside the
radio.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0