Posted to uk.d-i-y
Cynic[_2_] Cynic[_2_] is offline

Default Potterton Netaheat Electronic won't fire up?

I've just replaced the valve body on the motorised valve serving the upstairs zone in my house. It was extremely stiff to turn even with the head off and a pair of pliers on the shaft.
It wasn't worth the aggravation of trying to remove the spindle to investigate and possibly clean and lubricate with a risk the shaft seal would leak afterwards.
Fortunately I had installed gate valves either side in the pipework when I first put the system in so it was a few minutes work and no drain down required.