Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home[_6_] dennis@home[_6_] is offline

Default alarm batteries

On 11/10/2019 19:28, Steve Walker wrote:

It was in place when I fitted the alarm in 1993, I still have a copy of
the form somewhere, but likely in the loft.

Since then the legislation has changed and I have twice quoted the title
of the legislation "THE CLEAN NEIGHBOURHOODS AND ENVIRONMENT ACT 2005,"
which actually reduced the requirement (from two keyholders to one and
only in areas designated by councils), but has been in force in both
England (since 2006) and Wales (since 2006/2007).

SteveW

Why not read it?

That allows councils to designate areas, it does not mean they exist.