Posted to uk.d-i-y
David David is offline

Default Potterton Netaheat Electronic won't fire up?

On Thu, 10 Oct 2019 16:02:21 +0100, T i m wrote:

snip
I checked the restrictor mentioned by Mike elsewhere and whilst I can't
say it was blocked, even after being pricked out and clear when held up
to the light, it was still quite restrictive to being blown though (but
on a par for the size of the hole).

snip
Cheers, T i m

Just reminded me that with our old (ancient) boiler everything was fine
apart from the thermocouple needing replacing now and then, and the pilot
light gas jet getting blocked now and then.
As far as I can tell there was a bit of dust/dirt in the gas feed which
occasionally blocked the pilot light.
A quick clean - poke and blow - and all was well for another year or so.

So there could just be a little dust in the piping which blocks the pilot
light now and then.

Cheers

Dave R