Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] nothanks@aolbin.com is offline

Default Toyota Aygo boot leak

On 09/10/2019 17:46, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
John wrote:
Driving me mad - I am thinking it is water getting behind the boot lid
seal. The seal presses over the rim of the boot lid opening.

I am thinking of pulling off the seal and putting a bead of silicone
into the gripping U section of the seal and pressing it back on.

Any thoughts?

Had this with a Nissan. There could be a very small weld/joint in the boot
that is letting in water. Difficult to see. A spot of silicone on the
weld/joint sorted it out.

+1
SWMBO's Hyundai had a persistent leak which I (eventually!!) fixed by
rubbing sealant into a small seam above the hatchback door