Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Resistor value

In article
,
Tim+ wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Tim+ wrote:
This is the resistor from my macbook power supply.

It *look* to me to be black, orange, white (or grey), silver, brown.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZDY1qe8L3xKc4JBG8

I thought it would be easy to calculate the value but I think it falls
into a special category (5 bands, fourth band silver) so I'm not
confident about deciding it.

What is it?

Tim

Since it looks to be in good condition, measure it? That can give clue
to what system they are using.

Um, the other side is burnt. It‘s fecked.

OK. Although it would be difficult to measure a fraction of an ohm
accurately anyway.

Wonder if the heat cooked some of the colours? Because I can't see any
reason to start with a 0. Given resistors of less than 1 ohm ain't exactly
rare.

But it does show why having international standards for such things may
not be the bad idea many think it is.

--
*If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.