Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Ladder: use at near vertical

On 08/10/2019 08:34, Tricky Dicky wrote:
Climbing a vertical ladder is bad enough but working off one is even more difficult unless you can get hold of the type of harness the Openreach engineers use up a pole. Safest solution is hire a cherry picker or if the passage will take it a tower scaffold.

Richard

I fitted a scaffolding pole housing (the type that
wouldbe fitted to a concrete/solid base with four
expanding bolts, and allowing a vertical pole to
be inserted) onto the side of the last house I owned.

Into it I inserted a 1 mtre long section of allow
tubing, 2 inch diameter with another housing on the
end and strapped the ladder sideways up the
wall.

After use I just left the 'base' fitted to the wall,
but sprayed it red to disguise it.