Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Halmarack[_3_] Mike Halmarack[_3_] is offline

Default DIY web portfolio

On Tue, 8 Oct 2019 13:14:31 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

On 08/10/2019 10:03, Mike Halmarack wrote:

I'm not very good at web editing but I'd like to construct an online
portfolio for my daughter to show her work.

I thought of going to a web editing forum for advice but I would be
more likely to be baffled by the experts there, promoting their own
preferential methods.

Basically, I'm wondering whether I should go for an off the peg
Wordpress template or attempt the simplest, go it alone tutorial I can
find?

As with all these things there are loads of way to get this kind of
thing done. My suggestion in this case would be to have a look at:

https://www.wix.com/

It will get you something quickly and easily that looks ok...

Note if you go the wordpress route, you will often find that many
hosting packages out there will have the option to install it
automatically. That way you don't have to pay for use of it like you
would if you go to the wordpress site itself.

I'll definitely be going for that option John, thanks.
--

Mike