Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default Ladder: use at near vertical

On 08/10/2019 14:08, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Tue, 8 Oct 2019 12:50:04 +0100, Robin wrote:

And fit a hanger which will take a karabiner and use that to secure the
safety harness - not the ladder.

And should you fall and be dangling in your harness who is going to
get you down? You don't have long before the blood starts to pool in
your legs and the brain starved of blood and thus oxygen.

Fair question.

In my case, me if I'm still conscious as I use a rope and descendeur.

If I'm unconscious then I could be in trouble. But then I can't think
when I last used a ladder where there was a risk of something falling on
me. And the risk of a fall due to heart attack, haemorrhage etc seems
to me not unlike the risk of the same happening in a car at 70 mph and
that doesn't stop me driving alone.

--
Robin