Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding
Leon Fisk[_2_] Leon Fisk[_2_] is offline

Default Fast, Inexpensive, Strong Drawers

On Mon, 7 Oct 2019 14:27:14 -0700
Bob La Londe wrote:

snip
Well I was thinking if I went with wood I'd just make the boxes, and not
bother with fancy drawer faces, or if I went with metal I'd just rivet
the drawer pulls to the boxes.

I still envisioned them as looking like they were made the same and
being being roughly even down the whole length of the bench.

For what you want to do I would try and find some used office file
cabinets and/or desks that would work. Put them in place, rearrange
them to taste and then make your bench over the top. Fill in the
remainder as you find more that will work. But I've become super frugal
and try not to be in a hurry to get anything like that done. If you need
or want things NOW you pay a steep price (shrug).

Here is a very similar to mine in appearance office desk:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Heavy-Steel...k/312249112689

Not practical to drive after though

--
Leon Fisk