Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default Ladder: use at near vertical

On 08/10/2019 12:21, wrote:
On Tuesday, 8 October 2019 06:06:31 UTC+1, wrote:
I've got a tight passage at the side of the house where a ladder cannot lean at an adequate angle for normal use. I'm thinking about fitting some kind of clamp or bracket on the side of the house to allow near vertical ladder position without the risk of the ladder falling away from the building. Does anyone make such things, or do I need to make one, or have one fabricated?

Thanks.

Bill.

put a couple of expanding bolts into the brickwork.

Expanding bolts are a good way to crack bricks. Better to use resin
anchor or concrete screws - and a pair spaced across courses if the wall
is at all suspect.

And fit a hanger which will take a karabiner and use that to secure the
safety harness - not the ladder.

--
Robin