Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DIY web portfolio

On 08/10/2019 10:03, Mike Halmarack wrote:
I'm not very good at web editing but I'd like to construct an online
portfolio for my daughter to show her work.
I thought of going to a web editing forum for advice but I would be
more likely to be baffled by the experts there, promoting their own
preferential methods.
Basically, I'm wondering whether I should go for an off the peg
Wordpress template or attempt the simplest, go it alone tutorial I can
find?

Try mocking it up in BlueGriffon which at the basic use level is a drag
and drop wysiwyg interface but will let you look under the hood too.
It is also free (although they charge for the manual).

Depends really how complex you want to go. Irfanview can be persuaded to
output reasonable web gallery HTML script to tinker with too.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown