Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Ladder: use at near vertical

Whatever you do most vertical ladders have a tread at 90 degrees, if you use
a normal ladder these days, the treads are sloped to accommodate the angle
of climbing, so you need the kind of ladder which is meant to be mounted
vertically. I've seen them on ships, brackets all the way up.
I have to say it feels very odd climbing them though. You feel you need a
safety attachment.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
wrote in message
I've got a tight passage at the side of the house where a ladder cannot lean
at an adequate angle for normal use. I'm thinking about fitting some kind of
clamp or bracket on the side of the house to allow near vertical ladder
position without the risk of the ladder falling away from the building. Does
anyone make such things, or do I need to make one, or have one fabricated?

Thanks.

Bill.