Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding

Default Fast, Inexpensive, Strong Drawers

On Mon, 7 Oct 2019 18:23:40 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
On 10/7/2019 9:34 AM, Jim Wilkins wrote:
I see MSC stocks Vidmar. Even with my discount... Yee-ouch! Might
as well buy Mac or snap-On. LOL. Well maybe not. You don't have
to chase the MSC truck for 6 months if you have a bad item. LOL.

I would have suggested making plywood drawers with slides and perhaps
faces of red oak, which I spent the summer sawing into planks and
beams for future projects. However this morning I saw a 3' red oak
stair tread in a hardware store priced at $35, and larger ones up to
$48.

That's ludicrous.

The local hardwood yard has 5/4 red oak for 4.50 a board foot.